Chicken Meatball Appetizers
These Italian-spiced meatballs are perfect served with marinara sauce at a cocktail party, or added to tomato sauce for spaghetti and meatballs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 29
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb 450 g ground chicken
- 2 egg(s), large, beaten
- 1 cup 250 mL seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL Romano cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp 15 mL + 5 mL basil, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp 10 mL oregano, dried
- 2 cloves 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1.25 mL pepper
- 1/2 lb 225 g Provolone cheese, cut into 48 small cubes
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2. In bowl, combine ground chicken, eggs,1/2 cup (125 mL) of bread crumbs, romano cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic and pepper.
- 3 Form 48 meatballs from this mixture.
- 4. Insert one of the small cubes of Provolone cheese into each meatball and then reshape ground chicken to cover cheese.
- 5. Grease baking sheet with the 2 Tbsp of oil.
- 6. Place remaining bread crumbs in bowl. Coat each meatball with bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- 7. Bake in oven until the meatballs are fully cooked, about 40 minutes. Meatballs should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Remove from tray and serve with your favourite tomato sauce.
Chicken Farmers of Nova Scotia http://nschicken.com/
: mysqli_query(): (HY000/1030): Got error 122 from storage engine in /home/www/nschicken.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php
on line 1924